Coronavirus and R & M
For the moment, we are reserving this space for links to significant notifications or advice which are being issued by relevant parties. We suggest as many people as possible also link to our Facebook and Twitter accounts where there is a constant flow of information.
- Cardiff Council have announced a change to refuse collection. Black bins and green recycling sacks will now be collected weekly and the contents of food caddies should be included in the black bins. Food caddies will not be collected. Recycling sacks are available from the Co-op in Station Road.
- Volunteers being sought to help others. See News item below.
- All schools in Wales have closed with exceptions for children of critical workers
- Some Local shops remain open for trading. The Co-op has a limited delivery service..
- From 25 March most buses are running to the Sunday timetable including the 63 to R&M.
OLD CORONAVIRUS ALERTS
These alerts have been taken from the ‘Top Box’ above and will be deleted when no longer relevant.
For Well Pharmacy in Station Road availability, see the Local Shops update.
Both the Parish of Radyr and Radyr Methodist Church have suspended all public acts of worship for the time being in line with Government guidance.
The May Twinning Fellowship visit from St Philbert has been cancelled.
Further delay to roadworks on Llantrisant Road
There is a delay to the completion of work on the Heol Isaf/Llantrisant Road junction due to the recent wet weather, Details are in the latest (13th March) bulletin from Plasdŵr.
Join the conversation about these works on our Facebook Page – RadyrAndMorganstownHub
Royal Mail disruption
The Cardiff North West Delivery Office is currently closed following the flooding caused by storm Dennis. The Web Team are still seeking further information from Royal Mail on when this might re-open.
Full details of the effects of this closure can be seen in our article on the after-effects of the storm.
Waste and recycling collection
Monday 30 March: Black bins and green recycling sacks. Include food waste in black bins.
Monday 6 April: Black bins and green recycling sacks. Include food waste in black bins.
See Cardiff Council’s website for the latest information about future collection dates.
View our Directory for a summary of the organisations, businesses and services available in Radyr and Morganstown, including their regular meeting times.
Footpaths and roads in the local area map
New to area?
Useful information for new residents
News magazine delivered free 6 times a year to every home in Radyr & Morganstown
Cllr Rod McKerlich’s home page.
Community Council Content is now available from their website http://RadyrAndMorganstown.org
Book a Room
View the Directory Entries to find out how to book one of the rooms or community halls in Radyr or Morganstown.
Local forecast from the BBC.