The Bethel Chapel – Morganstown

All users of the forum agree to the code of conduct

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  radyrwoods 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Replies order : Newest first | Oldest first

• Author

daimonddai
    Participant

So, a quick update. A gardener has been to work on the cemetery, so ‘that’ looks presentable enough. Fence still flat on the ground, as ever. A small amount of scaffolding went up a few weeks ago, but as yet there has been no sign of any attempt at restoration on the actual building (which is more of an eyesore than ever). In other words, no change since I last posted on the old forum. Will keep you updated of any progress.

yanto
    Participant

Well it’s two years three months since the last comment on this subject….and guess what, Yep your right absolutely NOTHING! !!has been done to restoring Bethal Chapel.
    The Chapel is still in a very sorry state, the boundary walls are now becoming dangerous, after repeated bumps from lorries I’m told.
    With the summer months not to far away…Children are attracted to play in the grounds, which are dangerous.
    I believe it’s some 12 years since planning permission was granted to restore the property to a residential home.
    Any chance the Community council or Councillors get envolved to hurry up the owner’s.

daimonddai
    Participant

Not a snowball’s chance in Hell, it would appear. Out of sight, out of mind.

radyrwoods
    Participant

Just for you to know, the Community Council has looked into this issue, several times in the last few years. Apart from raising our concerns about safety which we did, there was nothing else we could do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Activity