What is the purpose of the yellow box on a lamp post on Bryn Derwyn?

All users of the forum agree to the code of conduct

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ferrari1 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Replies order : Newest first | Oldest first

• Author

simple
    Participant

I wonder if anybody knows…
    What is the purpose of a yellow box that has recently appeared on a lamppost on Bryn Derwyn before Chestnut Tree Close?
    I’m curious.

mrspastry
    Participant

Looks like a beaten up old bird box painted yellow.
    Someones attempt at a fake traffic camera….?

soob
    Participant

I would have thought it is someone’s cry for help at the speed at which some cars are travelling on Bryn Derwyn, some in well excess of 30MPH!

mrspastry
    Participant

I often see cars belting along there soob, too frequently on the wrong side of the road.
    Can’t blame the “outsiders” using it as a rat run, these are our Castle View neighbours.
    A real traffic camera would be beneficial in that location.

Post removed at the request of the author.

The Moderators

soob
    Participant

Totally agree mrspastry, the speed is unbelievable. I did contact our councillor and council but to no avail. With the new houses on Llantristant road golf club lane will become a rat run!

diddle
    Participant

soob – join up with the residents group – they seem to have done more in the last 10 weeks than anyone else has managed in the last 10 years!

Its great to see all the signs showing support for the campaign along Heol Isaf, it would be great to see these being put up on all roads in R&M – is there anyone from that residents group on here? Can more signs be put on other roads around the village(s)?

ferrari1
    Participant

I wondered what this yellow box was!! 🤔

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Activity