Station car Park

All users of the forum agree to the code of conduct

This topic contains 24 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  simple 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

Replies order : Newest first | Oldest first

• Author

alanradyr
    Participant

Is there any time scale for completion?

All works on the rail network are way over budget and time. Not surprising that when I go to London it’s half the price and cost if I fly. This , of course, makes no sense at all. In public sector contracts the management has been so poor for so long that the contracts are always over time and over budget. Want 200 houses built in 6 months – no problem. Want a station car park built in 6 months – no chance. When I walked past last Thursday I counted 24 workers but only 4 seemed to be doing anything!

2sheds
    Participant

I agree: I have never seen anything like it…they are building a simple car park, yet it’s taken them 3 months and they still haven’t got any tarmac down. What on earth are all those people from Griffiths contractors doing. They probably billed Network Rail for a 12 month job involving 20 labourers and 5 men in suits.

We recently needed to travel as 5 people to London, which was 5 x £117!!! In the end I rented a nice luxury car for £58, drove to London right outside where we needed to be, paid £11.50 congestion charge, £12 parking and £65 fuel and was £438 better off without factoring in the exorbitant tube charges of £4.90 per person each way.

rodders
    Participant

Couldn’t agree more, you can tell it hasn’t been properly managed. The lack of progress given all this time is staggering.

Who is accountable for this, can the Councillor apply some pressure?

disgustedofradyr
    Participant

They do still seem to be a long way off completion.
    What was the original date?

ladyd
    Participant

The Radyr station improvements were due to be finished in March 2015! When I last emailed them about 6 months ago, they said ‘the improvements were slightly behind schedule due to unforeseen circumstances’

Template
    Participant

Looks like it’s nearly ready. Ow – tarmac & lights in place

cavall
    Participant

Does anyone know if the car park is open to use ? It looks to be 99% complete. When I went past there didn’t appear to be anything to stop you driving in and parking up. Not like the “Improvements” at the station. Typically it appears to be one man in a hole leaning on his shovel while five men stand around the hole watching him !

Template
    Participant

It’s open

clout
    Participant

Does anyone know if the intention is to now double yellow the road opposite the car park and Kings road? it seems a bit pointless to me having this new car park if people are still allowed and continue parking along the road.

Template
    Participant

I was thinking exactly the same thing myself.

The car park will naturally mean more traffic down kings road, and it’s always a “near miss” as it is with people rushing to get home.

cavall
    Participant

I see on this site’s “Noticeboard” that the new car park is only open until midnight June 5th. Two questions …
    Where does this info come from ? and
    Why ? (might have something to do with 22 grown men kicking a pig’s bladder full of wind around an expensive covered field in town)

timber

Two answers:
    1. There is a notice to this effect at the entrance to the car park.
    2. Your guess is as good as mine.

2sheds
    Participant

So why is everyone still parking on Kings Road blocking the traffic when there is a lovely new car park?

cavall
    Participant

Could it be because, as “timber” reports there is a notice at the entrance to say the “lovely new car park” (despite appearing to be finished) is closed ?

alanradyr
    Participant

Asked one of the workmen yesterday about when it will reopen. “No idea. Maybe by September”
    The improvements at the old car park and ticket office are amazingly slow as well and it will take “a few months”.
    The inadequacy of managing public sector contracts is so apparent here. I don’t blame the contractors for their job creation scheme nor their management who get away with it. However, the public end up paying.Imagine how long the so called “Metro” would take to build and at what cost. Our politicians are useless just hot air machines.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Activity