Interesting old map of Radyr

All users of the forum agree to the code of conduct

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mfj48 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Replies order : Newest first | Oldest first

• Author

mrspastry
    Participant

Discovered some old maps at the link below. A lot of detail if you zoom in.
    You can overlay a modern map over the old one.

You can clearly see that the wooded areas & boundaries around Maes-y-llech farm have mostly remained unchanged for over 100 years……

http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/print/#zoom=16&lat=51.5105&lon=-3.2573&layers=175&b=1

Template
    Participant

wow – really interesting.

I notice that Radyr Comp is build on an old quarry – that explains the sink holes.

Also Woodfield Avenue is build near where Woodfield cottages used to be – nice keeping the old names.

Template
    Participant

wow – really interesting.

I notice that Radyr Comp is build on an old quarry – that explains the sink holes.

Also Woodfield Avenue is build near where Woodfield Terrace used to be – nice keeping the old names.

2sheds
    Participant

That’s fascinating thanks mrsp, not just for Radyr but for Cardiff as a whole. Interesting to see the Park Road school despite so few dwellings. Also I think the Mission Room sounds far better than the OCR.

Must be about 1900 I’d guess due to the presence of the school 1896 and absence of the golf course 1902.

mfj48
    Participant

Amazing to see that the Metro line is already in place – way ahead of what we we were promised!
    Could be 1901 as the prison is HIS majesty’s.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Activity