Heol Isaf Closure Sunday 8 April

All users of the forum agree to the code of conduct

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  councillorkieranwebstermorganstownward 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Replies order : Newest first | Oldest first

• Author

taffy
    Participant

Does anyone know why Heol Isaf is shut ALL DAY next Sunday 8 April from Llantrisant Rd to the Motorway Bridge?

Could it possibly be to paint some 20mph signs on the road, or put some other traffic calming measures in place?

Will be interesting to see what diversions will be put in place.

taffy
    Participant

Just seen the tweet on Association Account- it’s for re-surfacing!

councillor
    Participant

The closure is for resurfacing in the stretch betwen Drysgol Road and Park Road

taffy
    Participant

If it is just a small stretch, why is the road closed from Llantrisant Road?
    Surely a small diversion can be created along Windsor Road, Drysgol Road and Bryn Derwen?

ss16
    Participant

Surely the whole of Heol Isaf is not closed on Sunday 8th?? Thought it was Drysgol rd down to Bryn Darwin with diversions in place?

taffy
    Participant

Checked the Cardiff Council Highways Page and yes it says that Heol Isaf closed from Drysgol Road to Bryn Derwen.
    Why put a sign on the Junction of Llantrisant Road then? This suggests that the road is closed from that point.

ss16
    Participant

Hope diversion signs will be in place

greyprawn
    Participant

Usual Cardiff Council incompetency.

simple
    Participant

I thought the placing signs nice and early giving plenty of notice, at a point where they are likely to be seen on a main road was quite a sensible method of deterring traffic from using the road through Radyr on that day.
    Given that we dont think Heol Isaf is approriate for the traffic flowing through it at the moment, Bryn Derwyn/Drysgol Road is hardly an approriate diversion for all the traffic to come through so by not putting up an advertised diversion the aim of reducing the flow of traffic through the village on that day can be achieved. This will hopefuly cause the mimimum amount of disruption on the day for all concerned.
    As a cyclist I am delighted that Heol Isaf is going to be resurfaced because on the dark mornings, it is the worst part of my commute. The ruts, dipps and hidden drains are dangerous.

heolisaf
    Participant

So this would appear to me to be an absolutely golden opportunity to ‘table’ the zebra crossing outside the primary school/old church rooms on Heol Isaf…. given that they’ll be resurfacing it.

I wonder did our local representatives and councillor push for this when they were consulted on the resurfacing works. This is after all, the most speed abused section of road outside a primary school in the whole of Cardiff https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/drivers-part-cardiff-putting-kids-11364165
    and I’m sure the safety of our children is top of their/his list. Perhaps one of those reading could tell us what the response from the council was to this suggestion… because surely they cant have forgotten to suggest that the only remaining non-tabled zebra crossing outside a school in NW Cardiff should in fact be tabled during these works.

Template
    Participant

Heolisaf I admire your faith and confidence in our local representatives.

manb
    Participant

Now Heol Isaf, please play fair, you are cheating by using ‘common sense‘ (sadly not so common nowadays !) which gives you a major and unfair advantage over the said council officials.

It is both noticeable and unfortunate that the only reply that the Cllr, who it can now be seen, clearly reads the forum, felt able to give was in defence of people questioning his ability to manage to represent us now he has taken on the additional responsibilities of deputy mayor, back on the 29th March.

Other questions seem to not get replies, just some facts and figures that have no context in relation to whats happening on the ground.

Who knows, maybe the think the problem might just disappear if we are ignored ?

timber

Full details, with map provided by Tarmac, are now on our home page.
    (Timber, aka Colin Johnson, chair of Web Team.)

Template
    Participant

A stretch of Cathedral Road is also closed this Sunday.

Probably to install more traffic calming measures…

heolisaf
    Participant

yep… more traffic calming for Cathedral road I’m sure! despite the fact its wide and pedestrians using the wide pavements are protected by parked cars. There are also no schools in Pontcanna. Their local representatives are obviously a lot more effective than ours!

Just this morning I followed a car transporter lorry (Yes! one of those enormous things) hammer through the speed repeater at 35 mph into Radyr. It then edged away from me maintaining the same speed through the village and where cars were parked along Heol Isaf it was literally dragging it’s tyres along the kerb with parts of the lorry overhanging the pavement by up to a couple of feet… all whilst still travelling at over 30mph. Luckily it met the Llanharan concrete HGV coming the other way (also illegally) at a wider spot because I’ve no doubt the driver would have happily mounted the kerb at speed…. I’ve seen plenty of HGVs do it in the past.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Activity