Drysgol Heights

All users of the forum agree to the code of conduct

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  heolisaf 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Replies order : Newest first | Oldest first

• Author

mcm1
    Participant

As if there weren’t enough problems with HGV traffic!!

http://c2jarchitects.co.uk/residential-development-drysgol-heights/

Residential Development – Drysgol Heights
    PROPOSED DEMOLITION OF EXISTING DWELLINGS & OUTBUILDINGS. CONSTRUCTION OF TWO 3 STOREY BLOCKS OF 9 SELF CONTAINED APARTMENTS WITH ONSITE AMENITY, PARKING, CYCLE & REFUSE STORES AND
    CONSTRUCTION OF DETACHED 4 BED DWELLING WITH NEW ACCESS ONTO DRYSGOL ROAD.

Hi there, please feel free to send me a message with your concerns. My initial response is that the unique character of Drysgol Road does not need further (re)development. Obviously, I can’t answer for other Councillors or the Community Council but I would be very keen to be aware of your particular concerns and look forward to hearing from you. All the best, Kieran

boris
    Participant

BTW how did the planners allow that horrendous set of boxes on that property in Windsor Road?
    No apologies if the owners are Forum readers as it is an eyesore and a blight on the vicinity.

mrspastry
    Participant

Are you referring to the thing that looks like Catweazle’s water tower….?

flowerpower
    Participant

Please be aware that this development is now open for comment with an end date of 13 September. It will be a significant eyesore just opposite the Golf Club, it will overshadow adjacent buildings, and generate significant amounts of extra traffic. Please log into the application on Cardiff Planning and make an objection.

Template
    Participant

The planning app ref is :

18/01820/MJR

Template
    Participant

Doesn’t look much different to the other sets of flats on Drysgol road to be honest – apart from the fact that they might be a bit higher than current properties.

golfer
    Participant

Not sure you are looking at the same plans as me?? I’m actually really excited for these apartments, they will have fabulous views over the beautiful Radyr golf course, I’ve been looking for something like this for three years, hopefully finally I can buy my top floor dream apartment with a dream view, in fact 4 of my friends are hoping to get one too…….. can anyone tell me who to contact to put my name down please?

heolisaf
    Participant

haha Golfer! That’s a fine piece of stealth marketing 🙂 I’m sure you know very well who to contact and will post it here shortly (if the mods allow).

I’m guessing what people are concerned about is yet more traffic and HGVs in our already gridlock village. Yet more pollution from queuing cars around Radyr Primary school trying desperately to get on to Heol Isaf. Yet more reasons for kids in Radyr to be put off and fear walking to school.

I’m sure they would be very fine apartments, but why knock down two perfectly good houses when there are already 7000 houses being built directly opposite at the other end of the Golf course? Many of these will also have views over the Golf course…. I know this because at planning application stage our local representatives seemed more concerned about the amenity of their beloved golf course than they did the safety and health effects that an extra 14,000 cars will bring. Far more concerned about somebody being able to have a peep at them from their kitchen while they’re on the 14th, than they were about how local services and schools were going to cope.

golfer
    Participant

Hi, i’m not sure what you mean?

I’m simply looking for a gated community with an apartment that I can lock up and go whilst travelling without the responsibility of a house with a garden, and I believe the views from this developement will be uninterrupted and perfect for what i’m Looking for,

If you do know of anything I may have missed in the Radyr area that fits what i’m Looking for perhaps you would be kind enough to let me know.

radyrwoods
    Participant

HeolIsaf

Your remarks re the effect of extra traffic and the implication that there was no concern about this are widely off the mark. There was concern, there were letters sent to Cardiff Council and there still is concern.

May we stick to the issue of Drysgol Heights in this post please?

Thank you :- )

flowerpower
    Participant

Softly,softly, Golfer. Justice may yet prevail.
    Hundreds of residents living in Radyr and Morganstown are not concerned with the views seen by a few from within the flats and the house. They are apprehensive about the view of the outside of the development! Drysgol heights would be an inappropriate development in a prominent position which will have an adverse impact on the character and setting of the area. Suggest that you try Porthcawl for an apartment in a new development with superior views over a golf course and the sea. They are in a listed building and offend no one. If you are going travelling you may like to try Spain, where there are numerous flats and houses for sale overlooking golf courses.

golfer
    Participant

Thanks for the advice “Flowerpower” 👍

heolisaf
    Participant

Radyrwoods,

I watched the live broadcast of the planning committee with my own eyes. There was more discussion and concern from our representatives regarding the amenity of the golf course than there was traffic or health effects to residents.

Nothing you can say will change my mind on that fact. As I said, I saw it first hand and was appalled.

heolisaf
    Participant

Ah I see what’s happened here… you thought I was talking about the community council? I wasn’t 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Activity